Joseph A. Figueroa
Joe joined McCandlish Lillard in 2016 as a member of the firm’s litigation practice group.
He previously served as law clerk to both the Honorable Daniel E. Ortiz and the Honorable Charles J. Maxfield of the Fairfax Circuit Court. Joe’s clerkship and his time in private practice have provided him with considerable knowledge of the litigation process in the state and federal courts of Virginia.
Joe received his law degree from William & Mary Law School and his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Virginia. During law school, he worked in the corporate legal department of Huntington Ingalls Industries in Newport News, Virginia. Joe also spent a summer in the chambers of Justice S. Bernard Goodwyn of the Supreme Court of Virginia.
Joe is a member of the Virginia State Bar and is licensed to practice in the state courts of Virginia and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. He serves on the board of directors of the Young Lawyers Section of the Fairfax Bar Association. He is also active in the Virginia Bar Association (VBA), serving as the Northern Virginia membership co-chair for the VBA’s Young Lawyers Division.
- J.D., William & Mary Law School
- B.A., University of Virginia
- Virginia Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Board of Directors of Young Lawyers Section of Fairfax Bar Association
- Northern Virginia Membership Co-Chair for the Virginia Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division