William J. Walsh is a principal at McCandlish & Lillard. He practices in the areas of business law, information technology, real estate, and health care. Will has significant experience representing clients in the hospitality industry.
Will’s business practice includes advising clients on a broad range of corporate matters, including entity formation, shareholder and buy-sell agreements, corporate governance, and mergers and acquisitions. He also counsels clients with regard to employment matters, government contracts, entity and transactional financing, and real estate transactions.
In the areas of information technology and intellectual property, Will has acquired substantial experience counseling businesses with regard to software licenses, online contracts and terms of service, copyright and trademark registration, and protection of trade secrets through non-disclosure and non-competition provisions.
A significant portion of Will’s practice is dedicated to representing clients in the hospitality industry, including owners of restaurants, bars, hotels, and catering companies. In addition to advising on general business and transactional matters, Will has counseled such clients with regard to franchise agreements, trademark registration, Alcoholic Beverage Control licensing, alcohol production and distribution, and the acquisition, sale, and leasing of commercial property.
- J.D., cum laude, George Mason University School of Law, 2008
- B.S., Tulane University, 2002
- District of Columbia
- Co-Chair of Business Law Section, Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Business Magazine, Legal Elite
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Future Fund, Community Foundation of Northern Virginia
- Presentation: “Legal Issues in Software as a Service (SaaS) Agreements,” mach37 Spring 2015 cohort, Center for Innovative Technology (5/4/2015)
- CLE Moderator: “Disputes Regarding Non-Competition Agreements,” Fairfax Bar Association, Business Law/Corporate Counsel Section (4/2/2014)