Eric J. Berghold
Eric J. Berghold is a principal in the Litigation Group of McCandlish & Lillard. He has extensive trial experience in the courts of Northern Virginia, including the federal court, and appears frequently before the Workers’ Compensation Commission. Mr. Berghold’s appellate experience includes arguments before both the Supreme Court of Virginia and the Court of Appeals of Virginia. Eric’s practice focuses primarily on commercial litigation and workers’ compensation, and includes tort liability and landlord/tenant.
- J.D., The Marshall-Wythe School of Law, College of William and Mary, 1987
- B.A., The University of Virginia, 1983
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
Distinctions & Honors
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated attorney, the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.
- “Advanced Workers’ Compensation” conducted by NBI in Fairfax, Virginia, most recently on April 4, 2018.
- Mr. Berghold has taught other Continuing Legal Education courses in workers’ compensation and employment law.