Robert H.J. Loftus
Robert H.J. Loftus is a principal of McCandlish & Lillard. His practice has focused on business litigation, and he has successfully litigated numerous complex business and liability issues for nationally recognized companies. Recently, he successfully defended a government contracting company from raiding claims, defended a bank from a multimillion dollar mechanics lien claims against a loan asset, won a defense verdict in a conspiracy claim against a software company’s general counsel, prevailed in a dispute over founders’ shares in a European telecommunications company, defended a medical practice from fraudulent billings claims, and pierced a series of corporations and obtained a multimillion dollar verdict against its owners. His practice includes all aspects of real estate disputes, including partnership and corporate matters, finance, leasing, and construction, telecommunications, defense of liability matters, and extensive experience with trust and estate disputes involving business interests.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1973
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
Affiliations & Activities
Bob is a member of the Fairfax and Virginia Bar Associations, and the Virginia State Bar.
Distinctions & Honors
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated attorney, the highest rating from Martindale-Hubbell®.