McCandlish Lillard, PC, a full-service law firm with offices in Fairfax and Loudoun, has an immediate opening for a full-time Associate in its thriving Wills, Trusts and Estates Practice Group.
- Develop and implement estate plans with varying levels of complexity, from basic documents to more advanced estate/tax planning such as Special Needs Trusts, Dynasty Trusts, and Family LLCs
- Conduct legal research and prepare related memoranda on transactional and litigation issues involving estates and trusts
- Foster and maintain client relationships
- Assist in estate and trust administration, including supervision of paralegal and administrative staff and preparation of probate filings
- At least 1-3 years of experience as an estates and trusts attorney in Virginia
- Admission to the VA bar, with admission to the DC bar preferred
- Understanding of gift, estate and generation-skipping transfer taxes preferred
- Strong research and writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate professionally and concisely with colleagues and clients
- Ability to be flexible, handle pressure and adapt to changing work priorities, work flow and work assignments
Competitive compensation and benefits package, collegial work environment, and flexible work schedule options for qualified candidates.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
No phone calls please.