Ben Trichilo joined McCandlish Lillard in 2011, bringing with him more than 35 years of trial and appellate experience, including personal injury, workers’ compensation, professional malpractice, premises liability, business litigation, and Defense Base Act cases. Ben has handled auto accidents, slip and fall injuries, sports injuries, closed head injuries, brain injuries, eye injuries, neck and back injuries, career ending injuries, sexual assaults, bike trail accidents, truck accidents, accidents involving deficient truck mirrors, dram shop cases, shareholder disputes, and non-compete agreements. If you have a personal injury, workers compensation, or litigation issue, then Ben has the knowledge and experience acquired over more than 40 years of litigation practice to help resolve your case favorably, and will welcome the opportunity to assist you. Successful litigation requires the ability to solve problems: through negotiation where possible, and through litigation when necessary. But there is one simple guiding principle: handle each case as if it is your own.
Ben is a frequent seminar speaker, and continues more than two decades of service as a litigation mediator for the Fairfax County Circuit Court.
TIPS FOR INJURED WORKERS IN VIRGINIA
- Report your injury promptly.
- The mere fact that your injury occurred at work does not mean that it will be covered.
- Do not give a recorded statement until you obtain legal advice. The employer/insurer knows the rules. You do not.
TIPS FOR EMPLOYERS IN VIRGINIA
- Consider insurance coverage for yourself and other owners. In most cases it is very affordable.
- Even if you do not regularly employ three of more employees, consider obtaining WC coverage. That policy will pay the cost of defending claims.
- If you have safety rules, then they should be known and enforced.
There is no substitute for knowledge, and irreparable harm can occur when we assume to know what we do not.
You can reach him either by email, email@example.com, or at his direct dial telephone number, (703) 934-1198.