We are proud to announce that Elizabeth Gray and Peyton Mahaffey were recognized as "Lawyer of the Year" by The Best Lawyers in America® 2024, a designation presented to one attorney in each practice area and geographic region each year. For the Washington, DC area, Elizabeth was listed for Elder Law and Peyton for Litigation – Trust & Estates
Overall, ten McCandlish Lillard lawyers were listed among the "Best Lawyers" in the 30th edition of the annual list.
- Sarah Aviles was listed in Trust & Estates and Litigation – Trust & Estates
- Elizabeth Gray was listed in Elder Law
- Virginia Haizlip was listed in Family Law, Family Law Mediation, Collaborative Law: Family Law, Elder Law, and
- Robert Loftus was listed in Commercial Litigation
- Peyton Mahaffey was listed in Litigation – Trusts & Estates and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Lawrence McClafferty was listed in Litigation – Trusts & Estates
- Melinda Merk was listed in Trust & Estates, Litigation – Trusts & Estates and Tax Law
- Doug Sanderson was listed in Family Law, Collaborative Law: Family Law, and Real Estate Law
- Theresa Small was listed in Trusts & Estates and Litigation – Trusts & Estates
- Ben Trichilo was listed in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
McCandlish Lillard associate Kathryn Swain (Commercial Litigation, Family Law, and Trust & Estates) was listed as Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America.